- June 9 – 10: Every year the different neighborhoods in Cologne organize little street parties with a lot of food and music. You can find more infos and dates for the Südstadtfest.
- June 4 – 13: Festival contre le racism. The AStA of the University of Cologne organizes workshops, lectures, movie nights, theatre plays and much more for the fight against racism. On the last day there is a huge concert on the Albertus-Magnus-Platz.
- July 6 – 8: Summerjam, the very famous Reggae festival at the Fühlinger See. Some of this year’s artists are Marteria, Gentleman, Milky Chance and Afrob.
- July 8: Christopher Street Day. The Gay Pride Parade starts at noon in Deutz, the celebrations last all day all over the city.
- July 21: Kölner Lichter. The biggest annual firework in Cologne, right above the Rhine. There are shows and concerts all day. This year’s motto is “Paintings – die Feuermaler von Köln”.
- July 27 – 29: Eat Play Love. A mix of wakeboarding, music and street food. Outdoor and for free at the Fühlinger See.
August 29 – September 2: c/o pop Festival. Five days of shows, open air concerts and parties in different locations in Cologne. The popular German band „Beginner“ plays the opening concert this year.
- September 1: Jeck im Sunnesching. Carnival in the summer. There are celebrations all around the city, the biggest one takes place in the Jugendpark in Deutz, including concerts of local bands like Brings, Kasalla and Querbeat.
- all summer until September you can see theatre shows for free as part of the Kölner Sommertheater.
Of course there is so much more to do in Cologne in the summer. How about getting ice cream at Podolskis ice cream parlor “Ice Cream United”? Or drinking an ice cold beer while watching the sun set at the Rheinboulevard in Deutz? Or spending a relaxed Sunday at one of the lakes or beach clubs in the area?
Here are more information: